We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer.
We want you to help our company create products that make a difference to the environment and our society. The relevant area of expertise and experience is in Electrical Systems, Power and Energy Systems, and Energy Storage.
As our Lead system engineer, you will be responsible for performing electrical, mechanical and software integration and system testing of the next generation of state-of-the-art supercapacitors energy storage systems (SCES) and packs.
· Senior role for product design, integration, and testing procedures.
· Lead product design from cradle to grave.
· Lead firmware development from cradle to grave.
· Lead the development of new products with continuous feedback for new hardware revisions.
· Preform technical product feasibility analysis for 1st generation products and for future generations with new features.
· Interpret new features into technical requirements that can be delegated to engineers.
· System debugging from cradle to grave.
· Develops testing systems and qualification plans.
· Integrate inverters/ converters, connecting equipment, balancing systems, sensors, and firmware in testing facility to validate software and hardware against requirements.
· Experience working with mathematical models for mechatronic systems and software simulations such as MatLab, Simulink, and embedded applications.
· Design software components and architecture, interface, connectivity, information and data requests and interpretation, software to hardware control, and system states.
This is an integral role and Senior position in our organization.
Successful applicants require extensive industry experience developing hardware and software systems and completing them to finished products. Relevant experience in energy storage systems is a must.
This role offers a top position in an exciting energy storage company, the ability to build a robust large team of engineers under your management, and participation at the corporate level.
This is a senior software modeling and data interpretation position, the requirements of which are intended to develop optimization models for sizing and location selection for grid scale supercapacitor systems. The selection of which is determined by the most profitable revenue stream for the operation of the SCES in a deregulated electricity market to maximize the profit and increase unit ROI’s. The optimization models have to be implemented in optimization software to apply different test systems and case studies.
Atlas Power is developing super-capacitor energy storage units (SCES) operable in regulated and deregulated electricity markets. The assessments needed for deploying different projects depends on several parameters and Atlas is seeking to develop software to analyze the techno-economic viability of different locations and configurations of our SCES units. Different revenue streams available in electricity markets are based on the structure of a multivariable problem, in addition to size, location, and operational variables. Economic assessments will have to consider local grid characteristics and operational regulations.
· Identify publicly available data for multiple electricity markets (globally).
· Understand the regulations and operation mechanism of different target electricity markets.
· Develop a mathematical model for the optimal sizing and location of SCES units to maximize positive economics from participation in different electricity market revenue streams.
· Implement test systems by developing optimization models and executing case studies.
· Design, code, test, and document optimization software.
· Development of automated solutions for data collection from different ISOs.
· Development of software that runs data collection sub-program, optimization sub-program, and executed visualized results, including data export and interpretation.
· Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering specializing in power systems from a recognized post-secondary institution.
· Sound knowledge of power system studies, planning, and electricity markets.
· Familiar with energy storage operation models and their applications.
· Experience in working on power system optimization.
· Have a good knowledge of optimization software GAMS, CPLEX, and be familiar with Python and MATLAB.
· Having a basic knowledge of databases for energy trade modeling would be an asset.
· Experience in the application or development of commercial software.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent decision-making capabilities.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Initiative and aptitude/adaptability to solve complex multivariable problems with minimal direction.
· Focus, consistency, and quality in all work activities.
· Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
· Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
· Ability to grow, lead, and motivate team members.
We are seeking a cell production engineer with previous experience in energy storage materials to help our cell development team in the manufacturing processes of our supercapacitor technology. As a cell engineer, you will be responsible for developing and testing supercapacitor cells. You will be involved in lab-scale R&D as well as the large-scale production of supercapacitors.
The salary for this full-time position will be commensurate with qualifications. The anticipated start date is as soon as possible (negotiable).
Copyright © 2022 Atlas Power Technologies - All Rights Reserved.